Monday, March 28, 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

I'm beginning this journey with high hopes.

The purpose of this blog is to keep a record of my journey to a more disciplined life.

I am a firm believer in living intentionally, purposefully. But I don't believe you would know that by looking at my life.  I'm really good at starting things.  Finishing them - well that's another story.  I happen to have some great role models in my life.  Three of them are here, here and here.  They each have really committed themselves to an area (I desire to succeed in) until they've seen results in their lives.  They will be apart of my inspiration and my accountability on this journey. 

Working on something Committing to this journey/experiment/goal for one year feels like a good time frame.  A year is long enough to make mistakes and still win.  It's long enough to make some paradigm shifts in my thinking.  It's long enough that endurance and discipline will be required to see it through to the end.  Therefore, my challenge starting today, Monday 3/28 is to see what I can accomplish in the following areas in the next 365 days:  healthy living, personal finances and business.

I will explain the goals and my plans in upcoming posts. 


I believe the areas in our lives that give us the most trouble, the ones that can leave us feeling constantly feeling defeated, can actually be a red flag to our spiritual condition.  Although there isn't anything about my relationships on this list,  I have dreams and goals where my relationships are concerned. I know that my relationship with God and my family are my highest priorities.  I also believe the disciplines I'm committing to will help me in every area of my life, the invaluable things (my relationships) and the seemingly insignificant things (flossing my teeth, daily).

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Lord, I pray you will help me to keep my eyes on the prize.  Please, help me to not grow weary in doing what is right.  Help me not to loosen or relax my courage and faint.  You said I would reap a harvest of blessing if I don't give up. I need you. I know I can NOT do this without You.

To the disciplined life!
Kendra

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend... how I can relate! I am so tired of the roller-coaster ride that I have been on with my business, and healthy habits.... I'm committing to change one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronda,
    Amen! I am with you 100%. I think 2011 is going to be a break out year. We have to commit to this and keep pressing towards the prize of God's high calling. Let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete